Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Amber's 7th Birthday Party

Look at me I am blogging again.
My oldest is now 7.  I can't believe how she has grown into such a big girl.  She is kind and very loving and a huge help at home.  So a couple of months ago Amber had mentioned she would like a surprise party...so that is what we did.
She knew she was having a "Cowgirl" party, but I may have told her that it was on Monday instead of Saturday. I made up invitations for her friends and then gave Amber a fake one.
Daniel took Amber to lunch on Saturday and when they got home...Surprise.  She was a bit confused, but excited.  She looked at me and said "is today Monday?" 
Me: "No, it's Saturday"
Amber: "I thought my party was on Monday."
The girls took a little bit long to jump out, but then it was Surprise!

So after the shock wore off we got to partying.
I had made some stick horses so we raced those around "barrels".
Preston was awesome on the horses.
Yeehaw! Cowgirl
We had gunny sack races and "lasso the Barrel" (a hula hoop and garbage can)
Sydnee had some good hops.
Then we came inside and decorated their cowgirl hats.

We then opened gifts, sang Happy Birthday, and ate cupcakes.


She chose butterfly cupcakes, because they didn't have any cowgirl and I didn't know how to make them and keep the party a surprise
We were going to go back outside and play some more games (red rover, horse shoes, etc.) but it was raining, so they watched a little bit of a Barbie movie.

  
I thought the party went really well and everyone had a great time. My sisters Elsie and Nellie came up and helped me. It was really nice to have help, especially because I was getting over a cold and not feeling the greatest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea for a birthday party! They look like they are having fun! Happy Birthday, Amber!

Unknown said...

It was so much fun to be there!