Thursday, January 22, 2009

Our Grand Adventure


While we were in St. George for Christmas, Daniel and I left the girls with my parents and drove to Flagstaff, AZ to see Daniel's sister, Sarah. We left early in the morning and got there about 1:30. We stayed at the Sled Dog Inn. There was a lot of snow there. At first I was a bit disappointed, I thought I was getting away from snow, but then we got to the lodge and it was gorgeous. The room was so cozy, and they had a small gathering place with a big fire place and comfy sofas and chairs. I found a good book and was in heaven. The next day we went to the Grand Canyon. It was diffent then I expected. I thought it was just a very deep canyon, which it is but it is also very wide. I never realized how deep and big it was, most of the time I could not even see the bottom, because there are so many different layers. It was amazing.

The next day we got up and drove to Phoenix, to see where Sarah lived. I wished we could have stayed longer there. We left that night at 8:30. We got back to St George just before 4:00 in the morning. That was the longest drive of my life.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Wow, What a drive! I bet it was good to see Sarah and get away for a little while.